Lion Head Fountain

The Class of 1903 donated the “Lions Fountain” Memorial to the university as a drinking fountain. It was completed in the fall of 1904. The fountain was turned off and the drains plugged when the statue was relocated for the construction of Stanley Coulter Annex sometime between 1923 and 1931; it remained non-functional for many years. Water connections to the fountain were restored in 2001 through the fundraising efforts of the Purdue Reamer Club. Activated: Late March / Early April Shutdown: Late October / Early November Runtime: 7 days / week

Building Map...


The Purdue Arboretum is a collaboration between the Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture and Physical Facilities Grounds Department

Purdue Arboretum, 625 Agriculture Mall Dr, West Lafayette, IN, 47907
© 2024 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Integrity Statement | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by the Purdue Arboretum
Contact Purdue Arboretum at for accessibility issues with this page | Accessibility Resources | Contact Us